Financial Freedom

Aged Care Workforce Set to Quadruple, Where Will It Take You?


The Australian aged care workforce is in huge demand and as the nation prepares for the baby boomer generation to enter retirement, the ageing population is set to grow. Many Australians are already engaged in the aged care or disability care workforce, however, by 2050 that workforce is set to quadruple meaning that one in every twenty working Australian will be within the aged care sector. Many who are undertaking, or planning to undertake a vocational qualification, like the Certificate III in Aged Care or the Certificate III in Home and Community Care, can back up their passion for caring for people with a qualification.

This ensures the elderly population are receiving care from experienced and qualified individuals that have invested their time to learn the many facets of aged care. Studying an aged or home and community care course is the nations current industry standard and gives you access to Australia’s fastest growing sector.

Certificate III in Aged Care – What Will You Learn?

The Cert III will teach you to administer personal care as well as supporting the elderly. You will strive to meet their psychological and emotional needs and gain knowledge to assist individuals with medication and illness. The course includes curriculum to teach students how to work effectively in different cultural environments.

Possible Career Options Include:

There are an endless supply of career pathways and job opportunities for professionally trained aged carers. One of the most common is an assistant in nursing (AIN). AINs assist nurses to support clients with day to day tasks from hygiene to monitoring their overall condition. Another career possibility is to become a disability service worker. Generally, you will support those with physical or intellectual disabilities and they may live within private, community or nursing based homes. You will help them foster a social environment and assist in hygiene, dressing or even taking them to appointments.

Another couple of options are to follow the career path of community support worker or personal care worker. These require you to assist clients within their home by possibility cleaning or decorating accommodation through to assisting with physical mobility. As a community support worker or personal care worker you may be in charge of monitoring minor conditions and reporting back to other health care professionals.

There are many TAFEs as well as private Registered Training Organisations who offer the nationally accredited and nationally recognised Certificate III in Aged Care and Cert III in Home and Community Care. Courses can be available online, distance, blended or face to face. Many courses also include workplace training so make sure this is something you consider when applying! Read more about the Certificate III in Aged Care.


Source by Jess C

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Monetize Your Website - Adsterra           Monetize Your Website Earn More Money  Now