Each day you need to spend some time with and for yourself. This time, which Napoleon Hill called “study, think and plan daily time” is crucial to continuous self improvement and development.
People who continuously improve themselves become more proficient at what they do and more valuable in the market place. As they become more valuable they are open to more opportunities, earn more money and are less likely to be laid off during difficult economic times or more able to find a new job.
The formula for study, thinking and planning daily is easy:
1. Think about your goals every day, at least once each day, preferably once in the morning and once before bed. View those goals with a positive mental attitude and know you will achieve them.
2. Inspect your attitudes each day, best in the evening. Reflect on how you can improve your attitudes and practice more positive thinking.
3. Inspect your actions and your thinking – are they contributing to success or slowing you down? Consider how to avoid negative thought and action patterns.
4. Read inspirational, self-help action materials, even if only a page a day and view them with a positive attitude.
5. Take time to study, to think, and to plan each day, and do so with a positive mental attitude.
Many have found this simple formula to be a powerful method of self improvement leading to success. Try it and see the difference it makes in your life. Try it for just 30 days and you will see a positive improvement in your life.
We know that people who repeat the same discipline for 30 days or more are likely to continue with that practice as it has then become a habit. Cultivate the habit of study, learning and planning to improve your life.